Grants and awards | March 21, 2018
Kealy - Men’s Shed funding available
The Nationals Member for Lowan, Emma Kealy MP is encouraging incorporated not-for-profit groups to apply for the latest round of grants from this year’s Men’s Shed Funding Program.
Grants of up to $60,000 are now available to build new men’s sheds and $30,000 to redevelop and modify existing facilities.
“Men’s sheds play a very important role in our local areas and are one of the most powerful tools we have in helping men to remain valued members of our community,” Ms Kealy said.
“Becoming a member of a men’s shed provides men with a safe and busy environment where they can connect with friends and maintain an active body and mind in an atmosphere of old-fashioned mateship,” she said.
Projects for funding may include:
- Construction of a new men’s shed
- Conversion of an existing facility into a men’s shed
- Construction of an addition to an existing men’s shed
- Modifications or upgrades to an existing men’s shed to address accessibility or occupational health and safety requirements
- Minor projects to provide solar panels, power upgrades or air conditioning/heating systems
- Other capital improvements to men’s shed facilities
Priority will be given to projects that:
- Involve active management and participation by members of Aboriginal communities
- Demonstrate a high level of need for the project in the community
- Demonstrate capacity to enhance the health and wellbeing of members
- Represent considerable value for government investment
- Will address significant disadvantage in the local community
- Support the inclusion of newly arrived migrant and refugee communities
Applications close on 8 June 2018.
More information is available at https://providers.dhhs.vic.gov.au/mens-shed-program.
Together we can make a difference
Help build a better LowanVolunteer