Youth Grants and awards | October 15, 2015
Local kindergartens receive funding
Emma Kealy, Member for Lowan has congratulated nine local kindergartens who will receive grants for minor information technology upgrades, two of which will also receive funding for minor infrastructure refurbishments.
The successful local kindergartens include:
- Edenhope Kindergarten - $1,355.00
- Goroke Preschool - $1,355.00
- Dunkeld Kindergarten - $352.00
- Hamilton Church Hill Kindergarten - $614.00
- Hamilton Mitchell Park Kindergarten - $1,034.00 and $2,520.00
- Penshurst Preschool - $1,034.00 and $700.00
- Branxholme Kindergarten - $1,034.00
- Horsham Goodstart - $1,500.00
- Kaniva Kindergarten - $1,355.00
“I congratulate those kindergartens on their successful application for infrastructure and IT funding that will help improve facilities for pre-school children and their families,” Ms Kealy said.
"Local communities work hard to raise funds for their respective kindergartens so it is always pleasing to receive support to help with the upkeep of our local facilities, she said.
Ms Kealy said minor information technology upgrades will be used by recipients to update digital hardware
“Minor infrastructure refurbishment grants contribute towards the cost of small refurbishment projects such as improving indoor or outdoor areas used by children and upgrading bathrooms, particularly where they are designed to improve access for children of all abilities.
“Funding for refurbishment projects in local kindergartens help improve productivity outcomes for kinder staff and assist with better delivery of programs and services.
“Every child in the Lowan Electorate deserves the best possible start to their education,” Ms Kealy said.