Grants and awards | January 19, 2017
Nominate for Telstra Business Awards
The Nationals Member for Lowan, Emma Kealy MP is urging people to consider nominating local businesses and charities for the 2017 Telstra Business Awards.
Now in their 25th year, the Telstra Business Awards are renowned for showcasing and celebrating the achievements and entrepreneurial spirit of Australia’s most brilliant small and medium businesses and charities.
“Anyone can make a nomination - employees, associates, friends, family, clients, customers or business owners themselves,” Ms Kealy said.
“Our local business owners and operators pour their hearts and souls into running their businesses and drive growth for our regional area, delivering jobs for local people.
“It is important that we recognise our local businesses and charities as a way of saying thank you for their contributions not just to the economy but to our smaller regional communities.
“The Telstra Business Awards is a wonderful platform to celebrate local achievements, giving businesses and charities the opportunity to receive state and national acclaim,” she said.
Anyone can make a nomination for any of the five Award categories:
- New Business Award – operating for one to three years with up to 200 employees
- Micro Business Award – with five or fewer employees
- Small Business Award – with more than five and up to 20 employees
- Medium Business Award – with more than 20 and up to 200 employees
- Charity Award – ACNC registered with DGR status, between one and 200 employees and an annual income of between$250,000 and $10,000,000.
State and Territory winners of the 2017 Telstra Business Awards will be announced at gala events later this year, with the Victorian Awards taking place on Friday, 28 July 2017.
To nominate visit telstrabusinessawards.com/nominate or call 1800 292 737.
Entries open 30 January and will close on 16 March 2017.