small business | April 12, 2019
2019 WorkSafe Awards now open
The Nationals Member for Lowan, Emma Kealy MP is encouraging local employers and workers with a passion for the health and safety of workers to consider entering this year’s WorkSafe Awards.
“There are many fantastic businesses and individuals in Lowan who have made an enormous contribution and are achieving great things in improving health and safety in the workplace,” Ms Kealy said.
“These awards are an opportunity to showcase those Victorians who go above and beyond to make safety in the workplace a priority so that every worker can make it home safely to their family and to share their success stories.”
The categories for this year’s awards are:
- Health and Safety Representative of the Year
- Health and Safety Invention of the Year
- Best Solution to a Specific Workplace Health and Safety Issue
- Best Solution to a Manual Handling Issue
- OHS Leadership/Achievement Award
- Commitment to Workplace Health, Safety and Wellbeing
- Leading Return to Work Practice by an Employer
- Return to Work Coordinator Excellence
- Worker Return to Work Achievement Award.
Nominations for the awards are open now and all Victorian-based employers and workers are eligible to enter.
Nominations close on 31 May, with winners announced on 1 November as part of WorkSafe Health and Safety Month.
Details on how to enter can be found at www.worksafeawards.com.au.
Together we can make a difference
Help build a better LowanVolunteer