Grants and awards Sport and Recreation | February 07, 2018
Athlete travel grants now available
The Nationals Member for Lowan, Emma Kealy MP is encouraging athletes across the electorate to apply for a grant through the latest round of the Athlete Pathway Travel Grants Program.
Ms Kealy said the grants program helps Victorian athletes, particularly those in rural and regional areas, to cover travel costs relating to their sporting activities.
“The program helps aspiring athletes, teams, coaches and officials to realise their sporting potential by removing the barrier of travel and accommodation costs,” Ms Kealy said.
“Support is available to assist community sport and recreation athletes, coaches, officials and teams with the travel costs of participating in training and competition, and for high performance Victorian athletes and teams to compete at national championships or selection events,” she said.
The program has two categories:
Category 1 – State-Sporting Associations
- Grants of up to $6,000 are available for teams with a maximum of $1,000 per team member
- Grants for individuals are available up to a maximum of $2,000
- Travel from 1 July 2018 – 31 December 2018
Category 2 – Community Organisations
- Victorian community organisations delivering sport and active recreation opportunities can apply for up to two grants per funding round of $750 each to assist athletes, coaches, officials and teams with the travel costs of training and competition
- Travel after 6 March 2018 to 31 December 2018
Applications close on 6 March 2018.
For more information about the grants, eligibility criteria or how to apply, visit http://www.sport.vic.gov.au/grants-and-funding/our-grants/athlete-pathway-travel-grants-program.
Together we can make a difference
Help build a better LowanVolunteer