Health | September 03, 2018
Kealy calls on Labor to match Willaura Hospital redevelopment funding
The Nationals Member for Lowan and Shadow Minister for Country Health Emma Kealy has spoken in Parliament, calling on the Andrews Labor Government to match the Liberal Nationals pre-election commitment of $600,000 towards redevelopment of the Willaura Hospital.
“The Willaura Hospital Auxiliary along with the local community have been fighting for this project for a long time and it is disappointing that Labor simply will not put this money up,” Ms Kealy said.
“I also congratulate the East Grampians Health Service for tirelessly advocating for this project.
“This project is what the amazing staff at Willaura need to help them continue to provide great quality healthcare to the vibrant community of Willaura and surrounding region.
“The Liberal Nationals are committed to first-class health facilities in country areas and see redevelopment of the Willaura Hospital as vital to ensuring the future wellbeing of the local community.
“I am proud to be a part of a Liberal Nationals team that will provide this vital funding if elected to Government.
“Victorians will have a clear choice in November – more of Daniel Andrews all talk and no action approach or a Liberal Nationals Government that will deliver better health services for our regions, not just those living in metropolitan Melbourne,” she said.
The proposed redevelopment project will include:
- a purpose built GP clinic, two consulting rooms for use by GPs and visiting health professionals
- private ensuite bathrooms for ten rooms to improve care and privacy for patients
- an extension of the dayroom to increase the area available for dining and recreation
- ramps to improve disability access to the building and a disabled toilet, and
- a reception and waiting area to improve security and amenity
Together we can make a difference
Help build a better LowanVolunteer