Public Transport | October 08, 2018
Kealy – Additional bus service to Halls Gap
The Nationals Member for Lowan, Emma Kealy MP has long been a strong supporter of additional and improved public transport service links into Halls Gap and has congratulated the local community for their tireless campaigning.
From early next year a second daily return coach service between Halls Gap and Stawell will be introduced.
“I have been pushing for additional bus services into Halls Gap for some time and it is fantastic that our efforts have finally been noticed by the Melbourne Labor Government, but only weeks from the election,” Ms Kealy said.
“Today’s announcement pails in significance to the Liberal Nationals $19 billion commitment to transform Victoria’s regional rail network and an additional $4 million to get Western Victoria moving,” she said.
An elected Liberal Nationals Government will:
- Slash travel times to Western Victoria and bring back passenger rail to Horsham and Hamilton.
- Introduce tourist friendly coach services to Halls Gap and the Grampians, including timetable improvements to provide better connections, more shelters and room for bikes to be carried on the bus to support growing tourist visitation to the Grampians.
- Add new bus services between Horsham and Hamilton.
- Make timetabling improvements to help more people get where they want to be, when they want to get there.
- Ensure a weekday train service arrives in Ararat before 9am.
“Labor are spending more time complaining that this level of investment is too much for country Victoria rather than getting on board and matching the commitment to bring back trains,” Ms Kealy said.
“Only the Liberal Nationals will deliver a better deal for local people and get Western Victoria moving,” she said.
Together we can make a difference
Help build a better LowanVolunteer