| April 05, 2019
Kealy – chance to recognise our fantastic seniors
The Nationals Member for Lowan, Emma Kealy MP is encouraging local residents to think about nominating someone they know for a 2019 Victorian Senior of the Year Award.
“There are many inspirational seniors in Lowan who are making an enormous contribution and achieving great things in our community”, Ms Kealy said.
“They may be community leaders, behind the scene workers or a friend, neighbour, family member or just someone that you know who is doing great work around your community.
“These awards provide a fabulous opportunity to recognise these people for the fantastic contribution that they make”, she said.
Winners, including the Premier’s Award for Victorian Senior of the Year, will be honoured at a ceremony at Government House as part of the 37th Victorian Seniors Festival in October.
Anyone can nominate a senior they admire, with nominations open until 5 July across the following Award categories;
- Promotion of Multiculturalism Award – to an individual for a significant contribution to promoting the benefits of cultural diversity in their local community or in the broader community
- Healthy and Active Living Award – to an individual for helping to create active and health communities through community involvement and as a role model
- Veteran Community Award – to an individual for an exceptional contribution to the veteran community. The recipient of the aware does not need to be a veteran.
- Council on the Ageing Victoria Senior Achiever Award – to up to 10 individuals for significant contribution to local communities and Victoria; and
- Age-Friendly Victoria Award – recognising an organisation for creating age-friendly communities, promoting active ageing and improving quality of life and inclusion for older people
More information and nomination forms can be found at www.seniorsonline.vic.gov.au/FestivalsAndAwards/Seniors-Awards or by phoning 1300 797 210.
Together we can make a difference
Help build a better LowanVolunteer